Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back from vaca

Well, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted. I had been doing so good! This post will sure make up for it!

We just got home from vacation. The girls went to spend a week at my mom's in Maine and hubby and I went to Hampton Beach NH. We had planned the vacation prior to knowing they were coming home early so we didn't have enough money saved to bring them with us. In the end, it didn't matter because they had a great time with their Grammie and Grampie, and Grammie and Grampie had some helpers for the week.

On the drive up, we stopped at a rest area for a bathroom break and to stretch our legs and the Oscar Mayer Weenie Mobile was there. It's the first time any of us has seen it and were all thrilled to get weenie-whistles.



Aren't they beautiful? I am so happy to have them all back together living under one roof.



While they were in Maine they got to see my sister too. They have a mini farm so they got to experience some of the work involved and even got to milk a goat. 'E' says that it tastes like cow's milk and 'M' says it's DISGUSTING. LOL

We drove all the way up past Bangor to drop them off and then had to drive back down to Hampton NH the next morning. This is what we arrived to. :( It's a good thing we always spend the first night eating Lobster at Little Jack's. It stopped raining so we could walk there.





The rest of the week was great. It rained one other day and we spent that day driving around looking for yarn shops. I was sooo disappointed in them. I only bought TWO skeins of sock yarn!

I bought this one at 'The Yarn Basket' in Portsmouth. It WAS a REALLY nice store, but it's small and pretty new so the selection was pretty small. I have been wanting this one (J Knits Sock Yarn - Cincinnati) for quite awhile so I bought it so as to not have it be a wasted trip. I was really hoping to get some nice lace yarn but their lace selection was very small (so was their sock yarn selection). I think she will really grow it into something nice. I definitely liked the atmosphere in there and she was really nice.

I bought the second one at 'Yarn for Ewe' in Rye, NH. It's SRK On Your Toes by Kertzer Yarns. I've never heard of it before. It has aloe in it and they had it next to a picture of some really comfy looking 'sock monkey' socks with read toes and heels. Of course, they didn't have any of the red so I have to try to buy it online. They just looked like they would be so comfortable to wear around the house this winter.

I am so spoiled by living so close to Webs and also having Creative Fibers right down next to where I work in CT. The stores were both nice but they were just so small and had such a small inventory compared to what I am used to.

When we drove back to the beach after shopping, we saw a FULL double rainbow stretched over the ocean. It was GORGEOUS! This picture doesn't do it justice, and you can only see half of one of them in the picture.


On Thursday, I drove back up to my Mom's to get the kids and we drove back home today. Altogether, I put 1500 miles on my car. YIKES! I had to have spent at least $200 on gas. I'm afraid to look for the real total.

When I got home I had my final Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment. I dropped it because $30 could be spent elsewhere and I was really only thrilled with about 2 of the 8 shipments I got. I ended up giving away a few of them. I am not sure that i am really thrilled with this one too but it has a lot of my favorite colors so it may grow on me. It's called Neptune.

I also came home to my new Woolgirl Sock Club shipment. The theme is "The Dog Days of Summer''. Everything is so cute AND I was notified that i was the second place winner in the Georgia O'Keefe contest and get to pick out two yarns from Mama Llama. When I get them, I will post a picture. Here is the kit as a whole (there is a cool bag on the bottom of the pile that says Woolgirl Sock Club Dog Days of Summer - everything else is pictured again beneath this picture individually):

The yarn is from MadelineTosh and the color is called Beach Towel. Not my first choice but it's fun looking and it looks great knit up in the pattern below. I'll definitely knit it up in this pattern.

This is the pattern I am going to knit with it. It looks cool.

But, then there was a second pattern that looks interesting. I'll have to pick another great yarn for this one.

Jen always includes some fun things in the swap kits. This one was no exception, right down to the tiny flip flops that my daughter swears are erasers (and Jen's note confirms that!!). There is also a stitch marker, an SPF 15 Cocoa Butter Lip Balm that says Dog Days of Summer on it and also a cute measuring tape that keeps the theme going.

And last but not least, a water bottle with the theme printed on the front. Isn't it cute?

One final thing to tell you about....

When doing a search online for Lime Green eyeliner and eyeshadow, I came across a video on youtube of a girl applying this eye makeup. I have a THING for Lime green and her eyes looked awesome so I asked here where she got her eyeshadow. She told me she bought it on eBay and to do a search for '80 color eyeshadow' and that it came form Japan of all places. I hopped over to eBay and found it right away. I ended up winning an auction and got it for about $3 and then paid about $10 for shipping. Still, not a bad price when you see what i got. Look at all of the colors! I'm going to have FUN!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! THat's fantastic!!! Let's see yer green eyelids!

    ReplyDelete