Saturday, January 13, 2007



This is my very first mitten. It was knitted in the round with superwash wool. I want them to last for a long time and never shrink on me. I actually play in the snow with my kids so if they get dirty, I'd like to be abke to wash them thoroughly with no worries. I've used the same pattern a few more times. Once I used Patons new wool/soy mix. It stripes up nicely. I donated them to a charity auction and forgot to take a picture of them. That yarn changes the gauge quite a bit because it is not a stretchy fiber, so if you plan on using it, check your gauge before starting.

I am working on a new pair of mittens now that are knitted on straight needles. I am not crazy about seaming but they are very cool. When i am done, I will post a pic and the name of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment