Sunday, July 08, 2007

My New Gadget


This is a GPS watch, recommended to me by Kris. It is the most unbelievable thing! I just used it for the first time and am really impressed. It measures; time, lap time, calories burned, distance, heart rate, and a host of other useful tools to aid in the perfect workout. It even tracks your history so you can see where you have improved over time, etc. It also tells you if you are overtraining which I guess is not good. Kris explained it to me as a time when you are no longer burning fat, but are burning muscle. I have so much to learn, but am excited by the prospect.

My hubby just told me I look sexy in "my new outfit". LOL A fat, pale woman in shorts and a tank top. Thanks honey. I love you!

Boy did that workout feel good! My calves and thighs are burning. I stepped it up to run two telephone poles, walk one, then slowed it down a bit to run two, walk two....then after .50 miles, my shins starting burning. Being in the army I know what shin splints feel like and how they can derail any attempt at fitness, so I decided to walk the 2nd half mile. They feel fine now.

Off to wally world to buy more shorts, tanks and socks....

3 comments:

  1. Okay good stuff!!!!! I hope you enjoy your new toy. I'm sorry I wasn't here to advise. Did you get all the help you needed sorting out your purchase and how to use it? FUN, eh? I think it's a great helper in training to keep from going too fast and getting too tired and not burning fat. Congratulations on an investment in your self-esteem and cardiovascular health!!! You are WORTH IT.
    I have to go wash my wetsuit now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you have been very quiet lately. You must be out running with your new toy. It looks and sounds like the perfect tool to help you run smart and look smart doing it.
    I'd love to know how it's working for you.
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you! What's new? How are your runs going with your new gadget?
    I went for my first run since vacation yesterday. It was kind of lousy compared to what I used to do - slow and short - but better than nothing. I have conquered my first run and it's only onwards and upwards from here!!!

    ReplyDelete