Sunday, July 01, 2007

Progress on my sock...




Well here it is so far. Don't mind my ugly feet!

I finally understand the construction of a sock so it should be easier to try more complex patterns now. This sock doesn't "wow me"; not the pattern and not the yarn, but it's a sock and it was a good one to start with. :)

I am loving the "2-circ" method. My next obstacle to overcome will be to decode patterns written for DPN's to be knit with this method instead. The pattern I am using for this first sock was written by Cat Bordhi for this specific technique.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, they look great! You are brave to dive into sock knitting. I expect to try my had at it one day, but am intimidated by the little bitty needles and the thin yarn. I love the speed of working up a felted bag with big needles and chunky yarns. I do like the idea of a project that is small enough to stick in my backpack and take with me into the wilderness. One day...
    There has to be something terribly special about wearing your own handknit socks.

    ReplyDelete