Monday, November 03, 2008

If I was keeping score, I'd have to say today was a winner!

Today was the last day of a four day weekend. I treated myself to Friday and Monday off to relax before and after my annual "No Men Allowed" Christmas shopping trip to Portland Maine with my mom, sister, aunts and cousins. I spent lots of money and had just as much fun.

Instead of staying home today, I drove to my hometown and met up with a "long lost" friend from school. It was a great day. We had great conversation. After I left her, I stopped by my dad's house to see him since I was there and it's an hour and 20 minute drive.

My stepmother didn't let me down. She gave me her usual negative remarks. I nearly laughed in her face when she told me that my "bangs" were too short and looked like I had a receding hairline. It used to cut deep, but now, I am just amused by her stupidity. It's called a PIXIE beotch! hahahahahaha SNORT

When I was leaving, my dad went out to his car and grabbed a bag. When he handed it to me, he told me not to open it until I got home. I obeyed. :) When I walked into my house, I opened it up, having no clue what it could be, and nearly dissolved into tears when I realized that it was his blue cardigan. He used to wear this sweater all of the time. It was hand knit by someone he knew in Maine. We had a conversation about a month ago and I told him that he could NOT ever die, but in the event it happened, I didn't care what my step-monster withheld from us, out of spite, the only thing I wanted was his blue sweater because it held so many dear memories of him in every stitch. He gave me the only guarantee he could by giving it to me while he is still alive. It smells like him and fresh tears spring to my eyes each time I smell it.

After dinner, I took the girls to the mall to pick up E's ring. The stone was loose so I had to send it out to be fixed. On the way, I stopped to get gas and got it for $2.17/gallon!!! Such a great way to end a great day.

When we were at the mall, we swung into Lenscrafter's to get E's glasses fixed (she slept on them). I had picked up a pair of lime green reading glasses at Target this weekend and wanted to know if they could put my prescription in them. They said they couldn't because they weren't made to change the lenses :( So I looked around and found a really cool pair of Vogue Lime Green glasses that shouted my name. Now, I don't know what to do. With lenses, $309. GAH!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deb, the story about your dad and the sweater had me in tears! I hope that whenever you are missing your dad, you can wrap up in that sweater for a long distance hug...how special it is that he gave it to you now!
    Cary (from the mitten swap 3)

    ReplyDelete