Saturday, March 07, 2009

Woolgirl 2009 Sock Club - 1st installment

I got the first package of the new club year. The theme is "Queen of your Knitting - Cleopatra"




For the first time (since I have been a member) the kit included not only a sock pattern but also a scarf pattern. Jen wants us to stretch ourselves and knit something else with fingering weight besides yarn...

The yarn is a nice gold color (of course) and is Zen Yarn Garden. I love the rich color.

This is a small box shaped like a pyramid that had two chocolates enclosed. The chocolates were dusted with gold and silver powder.




Next is a note card with art by an artist who is local to Jen. It's pretty cute and right on theme. Love the sheep!

She also included an annual calendar magnet complete with all of the 2009 shipment dates. Clever girl!

Of course, she included some soak since no good sock kit comes without a sample of soak. ;0)

Her kits usually include a stitch marker and this one was made by Mama Llama. I really like the design. Snag-free!

The project bag is rich looking. It's from Lantern Moon. I love the color combo!

Hand made hand cream...

and finally, a pen that says Queen of Knitting.

1 comment:

  1. So what's the story with the woolgirl sock club? I haven't heard of it before. Great business idea. I wish I'd thought of it first :(

    ReplyDelete