Saturday, August 04, 2007

FINALLY! My first-ever-hand-knitted-sock is DONE!


Well, here it is....

My first sock. I hate the yarn (knitted up), and I hate the pattern (too simple looking) but it was a good learning experience. I knitted it on two circulars and used a smaller needle for the bottom of the foot and the toe to make them more durable. I also used Kitchener stitch to graft the toe. There's a couple things on my knitting "To Do" list done!

I'll knit the other sock (sure I will), but I am itching to start a new pair. I have about 130+ sock patterns ready to try out (and about that many skeins of sock yarn now too) and I want to try to knit two socksat the same time.

So....my next sock will be the "I Love Gansey Sock" which is the August/September pattern for the Six Sock Knitalong Yahoo group. oooooooh cables in the round.

3 comments:

  1. Never mind the sock, what the hell is that in the background?! A carpet tinted green? A hairy pillow...?? Yowsa baby, you got style! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it's a pillow that I bought my daughter for Christmas. That is MY style though. LOL

    ReplyDelete