Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some results from my spinning adventure...

Here is my first handspun. It's Mama Llama C*eye*ber Fiber Merino Roving. The colorway is called "It's a Mystery". You can see where the thick and thin is plied and the plying isn't the greatest. But, it's my first handspun and will become a lovely scarf.

Here is my second handspun. It was dyed by a dyer I found on etsy. The shop is CopperPot Woolies and is also Merino. I have 3 more of her colorways waiting to be spun up. I'm a big fan of her stuff. It's beautififul!

You can see that it has less thick and thin areas and the plying is much better. I did one bobbin with a stripe pattern and the second bobbin, I combined the colors into one big mix. I love the way it turned out. I'm not sure what I can make out of it because I only ended up with 116 yards, but I'll find something, I am sure.

I am working on my third now. I am getting a really consistent thickness and the singles are thin enough that I think I'll be able to get fingering weight out of it once it is plied. The roving I am using this time is Corriedale, which has a longer staple length and is much easier to spin (in my opinion). I chose to leave that one natural and am going to try dying it myself once it is spun up.


No comments:

Post a Comment