Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Perfect Shirt??

What do you do when you know exactly what you want but can't find it?  Make it!

I decided I want to wear the skirt I made at the end of December for a work thing this week, but, I didn't own a shirt to match.  I've really been loving the color mustard lately and the skirt had it in the design.  So, I decided to try to find something at the mall today.  All I could find was this shirt.

They only had it in a 3X but it was on clearance for $4.  In other words, it was singing the "Refashion Me" song.






I took the size down quite a bit.  The I took the scraps from my alterations and added some pleated ruffles to the top.

Viola!





Here's a close up of the top.  I love it and can't wait to wear it with my skirt and mustard colored tights.


1 comment:

  1. nice I am starting to crochet edgings onto my T-shirts to "vamp" them up...this looks great...~~Debb

    ReplyDelete