Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two More Sock Kits

Woolgirl puts out some awesome specialty kits. Jen is so clever when it comes to picking themes. The first one I have shown is a Woodstock Kit. It is based on two 'Woodstocks'. Charles Schulz once said that he named Snoopy's little friend after the big concert in the 60's known as Woodstock. So this sock kit had a bit of both. I didn't snap pictures of everything.

The kit included a disc of music from the late 60's and a package of candy that was popular at that time. Then for the little yellow Woodstock theme, there was a pattern created by Lisa Dykstra called Woodstock Socks and a little knitting bag form a place on etsy (I lost my paper so unfortunately, I don't know which shop).

It also included a cute little Woodstock key chain.


and a Woodstock Stitch Marker from wee ones on etsy.


And finally, White Oak Studio TVyarn in a special Woodstock colorway.



The second kit is shown below. It is based on The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard Oz. This one is just in time for Halloween and soooo cute. I labeled everything in the picture below and got more pics of the individual things for this kit. I don't have a close up picture, but there is also a wee ones Stitch Marker that looks like the Witch and some black and green jelly beans.

This yarn is also White Oak Studio TVyarn. The colorway is Wicked Witch of the West.



This kit included the cutest notepads ever. One says "Don't Make me get the Flying Monkeys" and the other says "I'm Melting, I'm Melting". LOL I brought them to work and have been writing notes to myself and other people so they are slowly making their way around the office.

This picture shows an adorable bookmark (and I love to read). It's perfect because I can never find a bookmark when I need one so I have been moving this from book to book since I got the kit. The quote on it is perfect.

This is a close up of some of the other things. There is Hot Chocolate that turns orange, A Wicked Witch PEZ dispenser, a little note card in the shape of the witch and a pen that looks like a broom that says something on the other side. Since I have been writing with this in all of my meetings at work (LOL) I don't have it here at home to look at the saying right now. In the upper left corner you can see a bit of a project bag that was included. You can see it better in the top picture. The material has the witch all over it and it is shaped like a men's shaving kit bag. Very cool.

The picture below is my favorite part. I love this metal tin. I think I am going to put Ibuprofen in it and keep it in my purse.


If you ever get the chance, you should sign up for one of her future kits. I know she is doing a Peanuts Christmas kit and a Peppermint Patty themed kit. A lot of the ones in the near future are already full but if you keep an eye on her blog, you may find other opportunities in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment